Educational Usage of Papers, Please
wasn't designed as an educational game but its topics are relevant enough that it has been used successfully in the classroom with a supporting curriculum.
If your school is a registered institution with Apple, the iPad version can be purchased through Apple with an educational discount of 10%.
Standard retail copies of the game can be used for educational purposes.
There is no specific system for bulk purchases but educational institutions can buy multiple licenses for a single DRM-free copy of the desktop version by using the "Buy Direct" option on papersplea.se. Licenses purchased with this method and explicitly for educational use are available at full price for the first seat and $7.00 each for additional seat.
- Find the "Buy Direct" option on papersplea.se.
- Click the (+) button next to the game's price. The price for the first seat is set and cannot be changed.
- Add $7.00 for each additional seat you wish to be licensed for:
Example: purchasing 10 total seats
- Enter your institution's email and use the "Check Out" or "Pay Now" options to complete the purchase.
- A link to the DRM-free version of the game will be emailed to you via Humble Bundle, which can be installed on as many seats as were purchased.
- If necessary, contact meda -at- this domain with the following details to receive documentation of the license:
- Name of the institution
- Email used to purchase
- Number of licenses purchased
- Total purchase price
Educational institutions are permitted to install and use one legally-obtained copy of the game per seat. School-owned devices can contain the game, which can then be played by more than one student. Student-owned devices require separate copies.
There is no special educational version of Papers, Please
. The retail version is the only one available. Please note that the game contains pixelated nudity and violence. The nudity can be disabled from the menu but there's nothing stopping students from adjusting this setting on their own.